Journal papers/Conference proceedings
- Mehrgan Mostowfi, Ken Christensen, SangHak Lee, and Jungmee Yun, "SME Web Energy Efficient Platform (SWEEP): A New Architecture for a Hybrid Web Server," to appear in the Journal of Sustainable Computing - Informatics and Systems.
- A. Roginsky, K. Christensen, and M. Mostowfi, "Extending Idle Periods: An Analysis of On-Off Scheduling," submitted to Applied Mathematics & Information Sciences in March 2013.
- Mehrgan Mostowfi, Ken Christensen, SangHak Lee, and Jungmee Yun, "HTTP Timed Redirection to Reduce Energy Use of Servers," under review for IEEE Internet Computing, submitted on January 9, 2013.
- Mehrgan Mostowfi, Ken Christensen, SangHak Lee, and Jungmee Yun, "Timed Redirection: HTTP Request Coalescing to Reduce Energy Use of Hybrid Web Servers," Proceedings of the 37th IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN), Clearwater, FL, October 2012. [paper] [poster] [IEEE Xplore]
- Mehrgan Mostowfi and Ken Christensen, "An Energy-Delay Model for a Packet Coalescer," Proceedings of the IEEE SoutheastCon 2012, March 2012. [paper] [talk] [IEEE Xplore]
- Mehrgan Mostowfi and Ken Christensen, "Saving Energy in LAN Switches: New Methods of Packet Coalescing for Energy Efficient Ethernet," Proceedings of the International Green Computing Conference (IGCC'11), Orlando, FL, July 2011. [paper] [talk] [IEEE Xplore]
- Ken Christensen, Pedro Reviriego, Bruce Nordman, Michael Bennett, Mehrgan Mostowfi, and Juan Antonio Maestro, "IEEE 802.3az: The Road to Energy Efficient Ethernet," IEEE Communications, Vol. 48, No. 11, pp. 50-56, November 2010.[paper] [IEEE Xplore]
- Ingo Mclean, Mehrgan Mostowi, and Ken Christensen, "Systems And Methods For Automatically Selecting A Communication Channel," US Patent Application Number 13742811, Filed to the US Patents and Trademark Office on January 16, 2013, Provisional Patent filed on January 16, 2012. [flyer]
- Reducing Electricity Consumption at USF by Using State-of-the-Art Methods to Power Manage Desktop Computers, USF Student Green Energy Grant, 2012 to 2014, $50,000 (co-PIs Ken Christensen and Craig Woolley). [proposal] [news blob]
- Mehrgan Mostowfi, "Improving the Energy Efficiency of IEEE 802.3az EEE and Periodically Paused Switched Ethernet," Master's Thesis, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of South Florida, July 2010. [pdf]
- Recipient of Spirit of Innovation Award, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of South Florida, Spring 2012.
- Honorable Mention Recipient for "Improving the Energy Efficiency of IEEE 802.3az EEE by Packet Coalescing," 2010 USF College of Engineering Research Week Poster Competition. [poster]