Previous graduate students for Ken Christensen
My previous Ph.D. students are:
- Mehrgan Mostowfi, 2013
(Assistant Professor, University of Northern Colorado)
- Dissertation: "Packet Coalescing and Server Substitution for
Energy-Proportional Operation of Network Links and Data Servers"
- Miguel Jimeno, 2010
(Assistant Professor, Universidad del Norte, Barranquilla, Colombia)
- Dissertation: "Saving Energy in Network Hosts With an Application
Layer Proxy: Design and Evaluation of New Methods That Utilize Improved Bloom
Graciela Perera, 2007 (Assistant Professor at Youngstown State University)
- Dissertation: "Design and Evaluation of New Search Paradigms and
Power Management for Peer-to-Peer File Sharing"
- Chamara Gunaratne, 2007
(Senior Software Developer at Location Labs, Inc. in Emeryville, California)
- Dissertation: "Design and Evaluation of New Power Management Methods
to Reduce Direct and Induced Energy Use of the Internet"
- Kenji Yoshigoe, 2004
(Associate Professor at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock)
- Dissertation: "Design and Evaluation of the Combined Input and
Crossbar Queued (CICQ) Switch"
- Zornitza Genova Prodanoff, 2003
(Associate Professor at the University of North Florida)
- Dissertation: "Performance Evaluation of URL Routing for Content
- Hiroshi Fujinoki, 2001
(Associate Professor at Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville)
- Dissertation: "Performance Evaluation of Multicast Routing
Algorithms to Trade-off Path Length and Bandwidth Consumption and of a Protocol
to Reduce Messaging Overhead"
My previous M.S. students are:
- N. Samteladze, 2013
- Thesis: "Delta Encoding Based Methods to Reduce the Size of Smartphone
- M. Mostowfi, 2010
- Thesis: "Improving the Energy Efficiency of IEEE 802.3az EEE and
Periodically Paused Switched Ethernet"
- J. Blackburn, 2010
- Thesis: "Design and Evaluation of a Green BitTorrent for
Energy-Efficient Content Distribution"
- S. Sakamuri, 2005
- Thesis: "Design and Evaluation of a New Authentication Mechanism
for Validating the Sender of an Email"
- J. Shahbazian, 2003
- Thesis: "Characterization and Generation of Streaming Video
- Vijay Chandramohan, 2003
- Thesis: "Design and Performance Evaluation of a New Spatial Reuse
- J. Rogers, 2002 (with S. Katkoori)
- Thesis: "Network Traffic Characterization through Bottleneck
Queueing Simulations of Flow and Packet Traces"
- V. Elliot, 2001
- Thesis: "Forcing Explicit BGP Withdrawals to Reduce Route
Oscillation in the Internet"
- S. Vaidya, 2001
- Thesis: "Performance Evaluation of a Single System Image Server
Cluster using Duplicated MAC and IP Addresses"
- A. Shaikh, 2001
- Thesis: "Traffic Characterization of TCP/IP Bulk Data Transfers
on a Gigabit Ethernet"
- K. Suryanarayanan, 2000
- Thesis: "Performance Evaluation of New methods for Load Balancing
of Distributed Apache Web Servers"
- A. Solleti, 2000
- Thesis: "Efficient Transmission of Stored Video for Improved
Management of Network Bandwidth"
- A. Mishra, 1999
- Thesis: "The RELOAD System for Improved Job Scheduling on a
Network of Workstations"
- C. Padhye, 1999 (with W. Morenso)
- Thesis: "Adaptive FEC Based Loss Control Algorithm for Voice Over
- J. Pinto, 1998
- Thesis: "A New Algorithm for Voice Playout Based on Adaptive
Adjustment of Gaps"
- Y. Lu, 1998
- Thesis: "Synchronization of Real-Time MPEG Video Communication
over Ethernet Using a Selective Discard Scheme"
- J. Drobisz, 1998
- Thesis: "Adaptive Sampling Methods for High Speed Networks to
Determine Traffic Statistics including the Hurst Parameter"
- S. Pinninti, 1998
- Project: "Network System Management Tool" (Project)
- A. Chellamuthu, 1998
- Project: "Efficient Computation of Cyclic Redundancy Code"
- V. Ballingam, 1997
- Project:&npsp; "Reduction of Self-Similarity by Application-Level
- S. Batchu, 1996
- Project: "Synthetic Workload Generator for an Ethernet Local Area
- R. Rauscher, 1996
- Thesis: "Improving the Delivery of Time-Constrained Audio/Video
Traffic over Ethernet"
- N. Javagal, 1996
- Thesis: "Performance Evaluation of Current and Future World Wide Web
My previous External Masters students are:
- Joakim Erenlöf and Felix Huttel (examiner TBD, Jönköping
University (Sweden)), 2008
- J. Klamra and M. Olsson (examiner C. Nyberg, Lund University (Sweden)),
- Thesis: "Design and Evaluation of Power Management Support for UPnP
Last update on May 17, 2013