This page contains the instructions for the paper review for
For your paper review you are to find two papers - one of which improves or
builds upon the other - and review them. The purpose of this paper review is
for the student to become aware of the key conferences in the networking area
and to see how research moves forward by building and/or improving upon
The paper review is due on December 7th at midnight.
- At least one of the papers must come from ICC, GLOBECOM, INFOCOM,
NSDI, ICCCN, LCN, or SIGCOMM
- Summarize each paper in about 250 words (using figures may also be
appropriate). Your summary should cover:
- What is the key research questions being asked?
- How is the question being answered?
- What are the key findings and/or results in the paper?
- What open questions and/or future work is described?
- For the second paper (the "improves upon" paper), what is the improvement,
how is it shown, and how much improved is the new method?
- Properly, in IEEE style, cite each paper reviewed.
Grading is as follows:
- Choice of papers -- 10%
- Identification of research question -- 10%
- Identification and description of method used -- 20%
- Identification of future work -- 10%
- Understanding of improvement (method, evaluation, and result) -- 30%
- Organization, clarity, and grammar -- 20%
Notes, advice, and hints
Some notes, advice, and hints...
- Pay careful attention to how you quote material from a paper - you do not
want to plagiarize! As a reminder, the ACM definition of plagiarism is
Last update on August 25, 2012